Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Rice County Highway Department’s construction season will soon begin. This year’s projects include the following:
• CSAH No. 76 (Acorn Tr/Baseline Rd) – Continuation of the reconstruction of 2.1 miles between CSAH No. 9 and CSAH No. 8 from 2019. Work in 2020 includes: miscellaneous grading, turf establishment, bituminous paving, shouldering and pavement markings. The project is scheduled to be complete on July 25, 2020, weather permitting.
• CSAH No. 46 (Bagley Ave) – Continuation of the realignment of 1,640’ of CSAH No. 46 at the intersection with MN TH No. 19. Work in 2020 includes miscellaneous grading, shouldering, turf establishment and overhead lighting. The project is anticipated to be complete in August 2020, weather permitting.
• CSAH No. 46 (Bagley Ave) – Reconstruction of 2.6 miles of CSAH No. 46 from the roundabout at CSAH 1 to approximately 1,640’ south of MN TH No. 19. Work includes grading, culvert extensions, concrete pavement, bituminous shoulders, turf establishment, signage and pavement markings. The roadway will be closed to thru traffic and a detour route will be posted. Work may begin on or after May 4, 2020 and is anticipated to be completed on or before October 24, 2020.
• CSAH No. 48 (Lyndale Ave) & 4th Street Intersection Improvements – Construction of a “3/4 intersection” to improve safety at the intersection. Improvements include concrete median, curb & gutter, over-head lighting, storm sewer, minor grading, bituminous mill & overlay and pavement markings. Improvements will eliminate thru- and left-turns from 4th Street. Single lane closures, shoulder closures and short-term intersection closures will be required to facilitate construction. Traffic control devices and signage will guide the traveling public. Construction is anticipated to begin in June and be completed in July, weather permitting.
• CR No. 98, Steele County CSAH No. 13 and CSAH No. 32 (270th St E) – Mill, reclamation and bituminous surfacing, shoulder widening and pavement markings on approximately 10.75 miles between the CSAH No. 21 (Cabot Ave) and the Goodhue County line. The roadway will be open to traffic, however, single lane closures and travel delay should be expected. Resurfacing work is anticipated to begin in June and be completed in September. Steele County will be replacing culverts on Steele County CSAH No. 13 in advance of the pavement
resurfacing project, beginning in May. The roadway will be closed to thru traffic and detour routes will be posted during culvert replacement.
• CSAH No. 1 (100th St W), CSAH No. 8 (130th St E), CSAH No. 18 (Appleton Ave & Baseline Rd) & CSAH No. 19 (Glynview Trl) – Bituminous overlay or mill and overlay of CSAH No. 1 from LeSueur County line to CSAH No. 4, CSAH No. 8 from CR No. 77 to MN TH No. 3, CSAH No. 18 from CSAH No. 15 to 17th St SW, Faribault, and CSAH No. 19 from CSAH 45 to the end of the urban section in Faribault. The roadway will be open to traffic, however single lane closures and travel delay should be expected. A construction start date has not been determined, however, work is anticipated to be complete in September, 2020.
• Culvert Replacements & Rehabilitation on CR No. 64 (150th St W), CSAH No. 15 (250th St W), and CSAH No. 22 (Falk Trl)– Replace or rehabilitate existing culverts for future pavement resurfacing projects or maintenance needs. Daily road closures, travel delays and the use of alternate routes should be expected. Work scheduled to begin in April and be completed in August.
• Pavement overlays and patching, miscellaneous culvert replacements, pavement striping, pavement crack sealing and other maintenance projects requiring temporary road closures at various locations throughout the County are planned for the duration of the construction season.
A construction project location map is available on the Rice County website at: https://rice.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=3897bf5636e640049e5b695dfc3bd156
Dennis Luebbe, Rice County Engineer, (507) 332-6110
Sara Folsted, Rice County Administrator, (507) 332-6121