To drop off any fee items you are wishing to dispose of, you MUST have an appointment and pre-pay online by Online payments/scheduling.
Clicking the link above will take you to the Rice County Solid Waste Facility services page.
- Click Book now next to one of the service item listed.
- Select all the items you have to drop off.
- If you have multiple of an item (i.e. 2 TV), you will need to use the drop down arrow under that section to select the correct number you are wishing to drop off (i.e. x2).
- Once you have selected all of the items you wish to drop off, click the blue Continue button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- Select the date and time you would like to come in.
- Enter your information (phone #, email, first & last name).
- Verify the drop off items and prices match what you are wishing to drop off.
- Enter debit or credit card information.
- Click the blue Book Appointment button at the bottom of the screen.
- If your appointment doesn’t go through, refer to a message at the top of the screen for information on missing information
**** Please remember that even if you are a return customer, you NEED to make a new appointment for each visit to the Solid Waste Facility*****
The Rice County Solid Waste Facility has transitioned to this modified way of operating due to the current COVID-19 situation. Our limited modified operations allow self-haulers to dispose of their solid waste on an appointment basis only.
This option is only available for RICE COUNTY RESIDENTS and/or PROPERTY OWNERS. NO OUT OF COUNTY WASTE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
If you are a Rice County resident/property owner and need assistance with making an appointment to drop off your items, send an email to Email or call 507-332-6833 if you have further questions.
We strongly recommend contacting a licensed hauler for your waste disposal needs. A list of Haulers who can utilize the Rice County Landfill can be found on the Rice County website
Rice County and the Rice County Environmental Services Department thanks you for you
for your patience and cooperation during these times.