To drop off any fee items you are wishing to dispose of, you MUST have an appointment and pre-pay online by clicking here Online Payments.
Clicking the link above will take you to the Rice County Solid Waste Facility services page.
- Click Book now next to one of the service item listed.
- Select all the items you have to drop off.
- If you have multiple of an item (i.e. 2 TV), you will need to use the drop down arrow under that section to select the correct number you are wishing to drop off (i.e. x2).
- Once you have selected all of the items you wish to drop off, click the blue Continue button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- Select the date and time you would like to come in.
- Enter your information (phone #, email, first & last name).
- Verify the drop off items and prices match what you are wishing to drop off.
- Enter debit or credit card information.
- Click the blue Book Appointment button at the bottom of the screen.
- If your appointment doesn’t go through, refer to a message at the top of the screen for information on missing information
**** Please remember that even if you are a return customer, you NEED to make a new appointment for each visit to the Solid Waste Facility*****
The Rice County Solid Waste Facility has transitioned to this modified way of operating due to the current COVID-19 situation. Our limited modified operations allow self-haulers to dispose of their solid waste on an appointment basis only.
This option is only available for RICE COUNTY RESIDENTS and/or PROPERTY OWNERS. NO OUT OF COUNTY WASTE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
If you are a Rice County resident/property owner and need assistance with making an appointment to drop off your items, send an email to SWAppts@co.rice.mn.us or call 507-332-6833 if you have further questions.
We strongly recommend contacting a licensed hauler for your waste disposal needs. A list of Haulers who can utilize the Rice County Landfill can be found on the Rice County website at https://www.co.rice.mn.us/207/Solid-Waste-Facility.
Rice County and the Rice County Environmental Services Department thanks you for you
for your patience and cooperation during these times.