Current Situation/Press Releases
- Not all cases of COVID-19 are tested. The Minnesota Department of Health posts, by county, current lab confirmed cases on its website. There are lab confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Rice County.
- The first case in the United States was announced on January 21, 2020. A map of the current number of cases by state is maintained by the CDC.
- Health officials confirmed the first case in Minnesota on March 6, 2020.
- The first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Rice County was on March 18th, 2020.
Rice County COVID-19 Cases
- Total positive : 417
- Age Range 2 months - 89 years
- Female: 200 Male: 217
- Need for hospitalization 19 of 417 cases (Ages 2 months - 80 years Average Age 55 years old.)
- Need for ICU : 7 of 19 hospitalized (Ages 2 months - 72 years. Average age 53 years old.)
- Case Zip Code Address(Please note - Northfield data limited to Rice County; total tests by county or city not available; community transmission occurring throughout Minnesota):
Faribault: 365 Northfield: 42 Other: 10
- Deaths : 2
- Last Updated: May 28, 2020
Local public health does not have authority to share private health data, which includes the address of those who test positive with COVID-19, or any other identifying information. Such sharing is a violation of the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Minn. Stat.13.09 (a) and (b).