Applications for passports (DS-11) are now being processed by appointment only. The DS-82 form (renewal) is NOT processed in this office. Please call us at (507)332-6114. Processing times are from 9:00AM to 3:00PM.
DS-82 RENEWAL APPLICATION FOR ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS
Adults with a 10-year passport must renew by mail provided the passport has expired within the last 5 years, or is soon to expire. Applicants who have been issued a passport age 15 and younger do not qualify to use this form.
- Make sure, before you arrive, that your passport application has been completed in black ink. Do NOT sign the application. When printing, make sure that each page is printed on one side.
- A certified birth certificate is required (can be obtained from the Recorder’s Office for a $26 fee if born in Minnesota), or your U.S. Naturalization certificate. Please be aware, citizenship documentation will be mailed in with your passport application and will be returned once the passport is processed and mailed.
- A passport photo is required. (The Recorder’s Office can take photos for a fee of $15)
- A valid photo ID must be presented when applying.
- A check or money order is required for each individual application made payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- Execution fees can be paid by cash, check, or money order made payable to Rice County Recorder.
- ALL DS-11 APPLICANTS MUST APPEAR IN PERSON!
BOOK vs CARD
Passport books can be used for international travel by air, sea, or land.
Passport cards allow entry into the U.S. at land border crossings and sea ports (Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda). It can NOT be used for international air travel.
For more information, including forms and fee schedule, you can go to the official passport website: http://travel.state.gov/passportfees
Please note – ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPEAR IN PERSON!
NEVER DESTROY OR MUTILATE A FEDERAL PASSPORT, IT IS FEDERAL PROOF THAT YOU ARE A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES.