To construct and maintain a system of highways and bridges, facilitating the safe and efficient movement of people and goods throughout the county.
2022 road construction
projects & maps
Projects for the 2022 season:
- Culvert Replacement and Rehabilitation (Project 22-50) Rice County Roads 12, 16, 19, 23, 25, 38 and 46
- Reconstruction of Rice County Road 101/Dakota County Road 96 (Projects 101-01/96-007)
- Reconstruction of County Road 76 from County Road 8 to County Road 1 (Project 76-03)
- Reclamation and Bituminous Surfacing of County Road 15 from Morristown to County Road 45 (Project 15-10)
To view plan holders, download bidding documents and view bid results, visit Current Bidding Projects
Mail a paper copy of the completed permit application and applicable fee to
Rice County Highway Department
610 20th St.
Faribault MN 55021
Note: An electronic copy (pdf) of the completed permit application can be sent to [email protected]. Applicable fees should be mailed to the address above.
2025 Transportation Plan
- How does my group Adopt a Highway?
Please visit our
- Where do I find road related permit applications?
You can find PDF versions of permit applications on the Highway Department web page under the
- How do I find out about State road construction and road closures?
To view the current State road construction and road closures, please use the following visit the
- Who should I report a sign down to?
Please contact the Highway Department at 507-332-6110, ext.6430 (Maintenance Director). For hours of operation please refer to the Highway Directory.