Rice County Public Health last week marked a year of COVID-19 vaccinations clinics by holding its 114th clinic. That’s an average of nearly 2.2 clinics per week. Additional Info...
COVID-19 Fact Sheet – Moderna Vaccine.
Flu Vaccine Administration forms
Flu Vaccine Information Sheets
Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) News Releases
Public Health Mission Statement
To protect, promote and improve the health of individuals and families in our community.
Public Health Department Overview
Rice County Public Health functions through the authority of the Rice County Community Health Board and has the responsibility to assure that the health of Rice County citizens is protected, maintained, and enhanced (Minnesota Statute 145A). The Local Public Health Act in 2003 legislated areas of responsibility for local health departments. The six areas of public health responsibility are as follows:
- Assure an adequate local public health infrastructure
- Promote healthy communities and healthy behavior
- Prevent the spread of infectious disease
- Protect against environmental health hazards
- Prepare for and respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery
- Assure the quality and accessibility of health services
View the most recent Public Health Calendar