The county administrator is the administrative head of the county and responsible for the proper administration of affairs for the county including: general supervision of all county institutions, agencies, department heads and employees. The county administrator is appointed by the Board of Commissioners.
In Rice County, the administrator also
- Serves as personnel director, which includes all labor relations activities and human resource functions.
- Serves as clerk to the Board of Commissioners.
- Supervises and monitors the annual budgetary process: establishes a schedule for preparation, review and adoption of the county budget.
The Administration Department implements the directives, resolutions, ordinances and policies approved by the Board of Commissioners. It provides direction and support for all county departments and provides long-term planning for the county in all areas.
The administrator reports directly to the board and acts as a liaison between it and the county's departments.
Anyone requiring special services, such as a translation or clarification of board meeting content due to an error in the YouTube closed captioning, may contact Rice County for translation or clarification by correction of the closed-captioning error, by emailing administration or mailing Administration at Rice County Government Services Building, 320 Third Street NW, Faribault, MN 55021 with the request.
The administrator may also be reached by calling 507-332-6100. TDD users can call 507-332-6248.
Any request must identify the video by date, and must identify the unclear portion of the closed-captioning or the portion requiring interpreting, by the time-mark on the video. A response will be made within a reasonable period of time.
- How do I find the email address for a specific department?
- How do I find demographic information about Rice County?
Population, age breakdowns and more can be found by visiting
- How do I get a copy of the Rice County Newsletter?
You can get a newsletter by contacting the Rice County Administration Office at 507-332-6101 or
- What is the history of Rice County?
To learn more about the history of Rice County,
- Where can I view the current budget information?