Yard Waste & Community Compost Sites
- Faribault, 214 NE 14th Street, (507) 334-2222
- Northfield, 1801 Armstrong Road, (507) 645-8833
- Lonsdale, 7480 Garfield Avenue, (507) 744-2327
- Morristown, 24501 Hamel Trail, (507) 685-2302
- 3800 145th Street East, Dundas / (507) 332-6833 / Hours & Additional Information
Composting is a process that uses water, air and naturally occurring microbes to convert organic matter into a valuable resource. Added to gardens or placed at the base of trees and shrubs, compost contains essential nutrients for healthy plant growth, acts as a soil conditioner, helps the soil to hold moisture better and prevents erosion.
A backyard compost pile can be easily constructed and maintained. For information on backyard composting and options for building compost structures, please visit the following websites: