Will the Assessor's Office notify me of my property value and what I can do if I feel a mistake has been made?
After the assessment is completed notices are mailed to the property owners, this notice will state the following:
1. Current estimated market value from January 2nd and the prior assessment year.
2. Limited market value for the current and prior assessment year.
3. Classification of the property for the current and prior year.
4. Taxable market value for the current and prior assessment year.
5. Information for appealing the estimated market value or classification if you feel an error has been made on your property record.
It is very important that the property owner review this notice. The values stated on the notice will be used to calculate the taxes payable in the following year.
If you have any questions or more information is desired, please feel free to contact the Assessor's office at 507-332-6102 (from Northfield/Lonsdale call 507-645-9576) or attend the Board of Appeal and Equalization listed on your notice.
There are no events scheduled at this time.