Top 10 Reasons for Rejecting Documents for Recording in the Torrens Department
1. Document cross reference numbers are wrong or missing.
2. Need a bank name change or the additional memorial fee of $20.00 is needed.
3. Incorrect filing fee.
4. Notary acknowledgment is missing, not complete/clear. Notary has signed or affixed stamp over print or signatures. Stamp is too light or unlegible MN Statue Sec: 359.03. Notary county is missing in the acknowledgement.
5. Marital status is missing.
6. Legal description or owners names do not match the certificate of title exactly.
7. Missing/Incorrect state deed tax, mortgage registration tax (MRT), or real estate taxes are not current.
8. Drafting statement is missing/incomplete. Need complete name & address.
9. Document does not meet Document Standard's requirements. 507.093
10. Missing or incomplete Certificate of Real Estate Value (CRV). Social Security numbers are missing.
June 02, 2015
June 09, 2015
June 16, 2015
June 17, 2015
July 03, 2015