Real Estate Recording Systems
Drafting Real Estate Documents
In the public interest we refrain from giving legal advice and preparing documents. For your protection we observe this policy always. We strongly urge you to consult with your real estate attorney if you require this service.
See Minnesota Statutes Section 481.02
Steps involved in the Recording Process
- Review the document for completeness and ensure that it meets the requirements according to Minnesota Statute.
- Determine if the correct recording fees have been submitted.
- Determine if State Deed Tax is due and included.
- Determine if Mortgage Registration Tax is due and included.
- Assign the document a sequential number and stamp with the recording date and time.
- Index according to legal description.
- Index by Grantor/Grantee & over 20 other fields.
- Verify indexing.
- Scan the document and quality check the optical image.
- Prepare a receipt and return to the presenter.