Mobile Crisis Service
- Rice County Social Services now offers an after hours, 12:00 (noon) to 8:00 pm…365 days a year, Mobile Crisis Service to provide support for children, teens and adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis. The services are provided free of charge to the individual. Community members experiencing a mental health related crisis after hours need simply phone (877) 399-3040 and a Mental Health Professional will assist them and if needed, the Mobile Crisis Team will respond to a location of the callers choosing and provide additional support.
- Online Application Information
ApplyMN is Minnesota's secure, online system you can use to apply for health care, cash assistance, SNAP (food support), emergency help, and child care assistance programs. You can use it’s, Bridges to Benefits, pre-screening option to find out what programs you might be eligible for and other resources in your area.
To get started, visit ApplyMN directly.
The Social Service Department provides community supported social services and financial assistance for eligible people to promote their dignity and independence.
- Child Support
- Child Welfare & Family Protection
- Home Alone Guidelines (English)(PDF)
- Home Alone Guidelines (Spanish)(PDF)