The Building Division is responsible for the enforcement of the Minnesota Building Code for the unincorporated areas of Rice County. The Building division consists of one Building Official and one Building Inspector, and is responsible for reviewing building permits and plans for compliance with the Building Code and related County Ordinances. The Building division also performs field inspections of footings, foundations, structural components, plumbing, heating, fireplaces and related components of residential and commercial structures.
For questions or concerns relating to Environmental Health, please contact: Kevin Murphy, Rice County Building Official, at (507) 332-6174, or Greg Swanson, Rice County Building Inspector at (507) 332-6172.
- Exterior Maintenance (Roofing, Siding, Windows)
- Single Family House
- Manufactured Home
- Relocated House
- Additions & Porches
- Basements or Interior Remodeling
- Plumbing Permit
- Commercial Building Permit
- Mechanical & Fireplace/Wood Stove
- Garage & Shed (Residential Garage)
- Pole Building
- Agricultural Structures
- Land Use Permit (Cement Slab, Patio, Structures Under 200 sq ft, Hoop Buildings)