The Building Division is responsible for the enforcement of the Minnesota Building Code for the unincorporated areas of Rice County. The Building division consists of one Building Official and one Building Inspector, and is responsible for reviewing building permits and plans for compliance with the Building Code and related County Ordinances. The Building division also performs field inspections of footings, foundations, structural components, plumbing, heating, fireplaces and related components of residential and commercial structures.
For questions or concerns relating to Environmental Health, please contact: Kevin Murphy, Rice County Building Official, at (507) 332-6174, or Gene Hartman, Rice County Building Inspector at (507) 332-6172.
- Exterior Maintenance Packet (Roofing, Siding, Windows)
- Single Family House Packet
- Manufactured Home Packet
- Relocated House Packet
- Additions & Porches Packet
- Basements or Interior Remodeling Packet
- Deck Packet
- Commercial Building Permit Packet
- Mechanical & Fireplace/Wood Stove Packet
- Garage & Shed Packet (Residential Garage)
- Pole Building Packet
- Agricultural Structures Packet
- Pool Packet
- Demolition Packet