- The Building Division is responsible for enforcement of the Minnesota Building Code for the unincorporated areas of Rice County.
- The division consists of one Building Official and one Building Inspector.
- The division reviews building permits and plans for compliance with the Building Code and related County Ordinances.
The division performs field inspections of footings, foundations, structural components, plumbing, heating, fireplaces and related components of residential and commercial structures.
For questions or concerns relating to Environmental Health, please contact: Kevin Murphy, Rice County Building Official, at (507) 332-6174, or Gene Hartman, Rice County Building Inspector at (507) 332-6172.
- Single Family House Packet Building Permit Application (2 pp. online or printable)
- Manufactured Home Packet
- Relocated House Packet Garage Packet (Residential Garage)
- Additions & Porches Packet Pole Building Packet
- Basements or Interior Remodeling Packet Agricultural Structures Packet
- Deck Packet Pool Packet
- Exterior Maintenance Packet Demolition Packet
- B/C/I Building Permit Packet