The Building division administers the State Building Code and ensures that all construction in the unincorporated areas of the county comply with proper building regulations. The division performs field inspections of footings, foundations, structural components, plumbing, heating, fireplaces and related components of residential and commercial structures. The Building division is involved with erosion control issues at construction sites, public health nuisances, clandestine labs, hazardous structures, and conducts all inspections for the Rice County Housing and Redevelopment Authority (RCHRA) Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program.
For questions or concerns relating to your building project, please contact: Kevin Murphy, Rice County Building Official, at (507) 332-6174, or Greg Swanson, Rice County Building Inspector at (507) 332-6172.
- Exterior Maintenance (Roofing, Siding, Windows)
- Single Family House
- Manufactured Home
- Relocated House
- Additions & Porches
- Basements or Interior Remodeling
- Plumbing Permit
- Commercial Building Permit
- Mechanical & Fireplace/Wood Stove
- Garage & Shed (Residential Garage)
- Pole Building
- Agricultural Structures
- Land Use Permit (Cement Slab, Patio, Structures Under 200 sq ft, Hoop Buildings)