Public Health Mission Statement
To protect, promote and improve the health of individuals and families in our community.
Public Health Department Overview
Rice County Public Health functions through the authority of the Rice County Community Health Board and has the responsibility to assure that the health of Rice County citizens is protected, maintained, and enhanced (Minnesota Statute 145A). The Local Public Health Act in 2003 legislated areas of responsibility for local health departments. The six areas of public health responsibility are as follows:
1. Assure an adequate local public health infrastructure;
2. Promote healthy communities and healthy behavior;
3. Prevent the spread of infectious disease;
4. Protect against environmental health hazards;
5. Prepare for and respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery; and
6. Assure the quality and accessibility of health services.
- Family Child Health Services
- Disease Prevention and Control
- Health Promotion & Wellness
- Home Health Care
- Long-Term Care
- Emergency Preparedness
- Statewide Health Improvement Program (SHIP)
Rice County Public Health Related Data
- County Profile
- 2014 Rice County Community Health Assessment
- 2015-2019 Rice County Community Health Improvement Plan
- Rice County Profile - 2013 Deed Report
- (10 maps that depict the current state of the state as indicated by the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey data)
There are no events scheduled at this time.