Marriage License Applications
Effective August 1st 2013
A marriage license must be applied for in person by both applicants at the Rice County Recorder's Office - located in the Rice County Government Services Building. Applicants do not have to be Rice County residents.
- Full Names - before and after marriage
- Addresses - before and after marriage
- Counties where each person lives
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Social Security Numbers
- If previously married, we need the date the last marriage was terminated, county, and state. If by divorce, we also need the type of court.
- $115 without the educator's statement
$40 with the original educator's statement. The original educator's statement must be signed, dated and notarized from the person who provided the premarital education. This statement must also appear on the educator's letterhead. (MN Statute 517.08)
- Fee must be paid by cash or check at the time you apply for the license
You may view a sample of the marriage application. This is a SAMPLE only. It shows you the required information needed when you come to apply.
In the state of Minnesota there is a five day waiting period after you apply for the license before the license can be issued. The license may be used anywhere in Minnesota. The license must be used within six months or it becomes void.
Checks are to be made payable to the Rice County Recorder. We do not accept credit or debit cards. Orders are NOT accepted via telephone or internet.
July 02, 2015
July 03, 2015
July 07, 2015
July 14, 2015