Legal Links

Minnesota Rules


Who should I contact if…


I need an attorney to represent me?

The County Attorney’s Office cannot make recommendations concerning private attorneys.  You can search the Yellow Pages, call the Minnesota Attorney Referral Service at 1-800-292-4152, or go to the Minnesota State Bar Association website at

If you need a public defender, you must apply to the Court Administrator’s Office, located in the Courthouse or by calling 507-332-6107.

I have questions about bankruptcy?

You will need to contact private counsel for questions on bankruptcy or call the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Minnesota in St. Paul at 651-848-1000.

I have a landlord/tenant issue.  Who can I talk to?

The Minnesota Attorney General’s website,, provides many links to resources which explain the rights and responsibilities of both landlords and tenants.  They also have publications relating to mobile home parks.  The Attorney General’s Office can also be reached by calling 1-800-657-3787.

If you wish to report unsafe conditions in a rented apartment, please contact local Housing Inspectors in Faribault at 333-0378 or in Northfield at 645-3004.

I need to report consumer fraud?

Contact the Minnesota Attorney General at: 1-800-657-3787, 651-296-3353 or through their website