The Landfill division is responsible for the operations of the municipal solid waste and construction/demolition landfill cells. The division conducts monitoring of the landfill sites and ensures that all wastes are properly disposed of in an environmentally sound manner.
The Rice County Solid Waste Facility accepts landfill material from both licensed haulers and self-haulers. If your business is interested in becoming one of the county’s licensed haulers, please contact us at 507-332-6833. Residents may bring landfill loads to the facility as follows:
Landfill Rates-Self Haulers:
• Minimum load: $25 (tax included)
• Large Load (over 700 lbs): $74/ton (tax included)
• Dual-Axle Trailers (must weigh in/out): $50 under 700 lbs; $74/ton if over.
• Asbestos Loads (24-hour notice + appointment): $80/ton
• Asbestos pickup loads: $45/load
• Asbestos per bag (up to 3 bags): $9/bag
Please call with questions (507) 332-7730
Monday thru Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
April thru October from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (2nd & 4th Saturdays ONLY)
November thru March from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (2nd Saturday ONLY)
There are no events scheduled at this time.