The Rice County Housing & Redevelopment Authority’s purpose:
- Provide a sufficient supply of adequate, safe and sanitary dwellings in order to protect the health, safety, morals and welfare of the citizens of Rice County;
- To clear and redevelop blighted areas;
- To perform those duties according to comprehensive plans;
- To remedy the shortage of housing for low and moderate income residents; and
- To redevelop blighted areas, in situations in which private enterprise would not act without government participation or subsidies.
The HRA is governed by a 5-member Board, providing area-wide representation of the county. In addition, the Board includes a resident commissioner as a sixth member of the commission who may participate in decisions related to the administration, operation and management of the Federal public housing programs and Section 8 tenant-based rental assistance.
The 2016 HRA Board members:
Jeff Docken, Chairperson
Jake Gillen, Vice Chairperson
Cheryl Tjosaas, Resident Commissioner
The HRA offices are located at:
Rice County Government Services Building
320 Third Street N.W.
Faribault, MN 55021