How do I report changes to the Section 8 program?

All changes in household income must be reported within 10 days of the change. All changes must be reported in writing. Not all changes will result in a change in the tenant rent; however, the HRA requires changes to be reported timely so it can be determined whether or not an adjustment should be made.

You must notice the HRA in writing within 10 days of the birth, adoption or court awarded custody of a child.

You must get prior approval from the HRA and your landlord before adding an additional member to your household.