How do I find an attorney to represent me?

The County Attorney's Office cannot make recommendations regarding private attorneys. You can search the yellow pages, call the Minnesota Attorney Referral Service at 1-800-292-4152, or go to the Minnesota State Bar Association website at If you need a public defender, you must apply through the Rice County Court Administrator, 507-332-6107.