How can I view soils data?
1. Click on Maps under Quick Links on the right side of the webpage. On the maps page, select the link to the Rice County Interactive Mapping website (http://www.co.rice.mn.us/beacon). Select Rice County, MN. Accept the agreement and choose save as default.
2. Select the address or parcel you are interested in and open the map tab, or zoom to the location on the map.
3. Click the check box next to the Soils layer under the environmental category.
4. Click on the word "Soils" to make that layer active.
5. Select the identify tool and click on the soil polygon.
6. The soil information will display in the top right section of the page.
7. Click on the link to see the report on Rice County soils data.
There are no events scheduled at this time.