Feedlot & Ag
The Feedlot & Agriculture division is responsible for the following areas:
County Feedlot Officer (CFO)
The duties of the CFO are to enforce and administer the Rice County Feedlot Ordinance and to assist the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) with the enforcement of State and Federal rules that relate to livestock. The CFO processes feedlot permit requests, inspects feedlot sites and follows up on complaints.
County Ag Inspector (CAI)
- The duties of the CAI are to inspect places that sell seed within Rice County, to assist local weed inspectors in enforcement of the State Noxious weed law and to assist the Minnesota Department of Ag as directed.
- Yearly the CAI in Rice County inspects retail seed sale locations collecting seed samples, inspecting townships for noxious weed law compliance, and working to get biological control agents established in Rice County to control weeds.
Wade Schulz, Rice County Agricultural & Land Use Planner, at (507) 332-5954 or by email
Feedlot Documents & Files
- Feedlot CUP Packet
- Feedlot Permit Application
- Feedlot Variance Packet
- Manure Management Plan Checklist
- Affidavit (regarding Farm Disposal of Solid Waste)
The legislature provides funds to counties to implement state feedlot regulations and that the amount is primarily based on the number of registered feedlots in the county. The following posted reports show the amount and kind of work that was done, as well as the cost to perform the work. The County Feedlot Officer (CFO) should be contacted if there is interest in additional details.
Natural Resources Block Grant Reports
- Rice Soil and Water Conservation District
- MN NRCS
- MN DNR
- University of MN Manure and Odor Info
- MN Board of Animal Health
- MN Pollution Control Agency- Feedlots
- MN Department of Agriculture
- Helpful resources available here.
- Nitrogen Education opportunity in The Dells, Wisconsin this winter!
June 02, 2015
June 09, 2015
June 16, 2015
June 17, 2015
July 03, 2015