Feedlot & Ag
The Feedlot & Agriculture division is responsible for the following areas:
County Feedlot Officer (CFO)
The duties of the CFO are to enforce and administer the Rice County Feedlot Ordinance and to assist the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) with the enforcement of State and Federal rules that relate to livestock. The CFO processes feedlot permit requests, inspects feedlot sites and follows up on complaints.
County Ag Inspector (CAI)
- The duties of the CAI are to inspect places that sell seed within Rice County, to assist local weed inspectors in enforcement of the State Noxious weed law and to assist the Minnesota Department of Agriculture as directed.
- Yearly the CAI in Rice County inspects retail seed sale locations collecting seed samples, inspecting townships for noxious weed law compliance, and working to get biological control agents established in Rice County to control weeds.
Bryce Krejcarek, Rice County Agricultural & Land Use Planner, at (507) 332-5954 or by email
Feedlot Documents & Files
- Feedlot Permit Application
- Manure Management Plan Checklist
- Affidavit (regarding Farm Disposal of Solid Waste)
- Feedlot CUP Checklist
- Feedlot Variance Checklist
The legislature provides funds to counties to implement state feedlot regulations and that the amount is primarily based on the number of registered feedlots in the county. The following posted reports show the amount and kind of work that was done, as well as the cost to perform the work. The County Feedlot Officer (CFO) should be contacted if there is interest in additional details.
Natural Resources Block Grant Reports
- 2015 Feedlot report
- 2015 Feedlot Report (supplemental Information)
- Feedlot Report 2014
- 2014 NRBG Report
- 2013 NRBG Report
- 2012 NRBG Report
There are no events scheduled at this time.