The Rice County Recorder is the custodian of all property and vital statistic records in Rice County.
The Recorder also processes requests for any copies of documents or certified copies of vital records. This office also serves as a Passport Agent for the US Dept. of State Passport Services. We take professional passport photos for a fee. We also handle your simple research requests or assist you with more difficult research.
The Rice County Recorder / Registrar of Titles is the custodian of all legal records pertaining to the following areas.
- Birth Certificate & Death Certificate
- Marriage Application & License
- Marriage Records & Marriage Certificates
- MOMS (Minnesota Official Marriage System)
- Military Discharges
- Notary Public
Real Estate Recording
There are two real estate recording systems in Minnesota - Abstract and Torrens. There are different requirements for filing in each system. "Recording" means the documents are reproduced and the original returned to the presenter. "Filing" means to keep the original document. Real estate documents are recorded. The document type (deed, mortgage release, certificate) determines what the requirements are and what steps need to be taken.
- Abstract Title
- Calculate Mortgage Registration Tax
- Calculate State Deed Tax
- Document Standards
- Drafting Real Estate Documents and Steps in the Recording Process
- Top 5 Reasons for Rejecting Uniform Commercial Code Filings
- Top 10 Reasons for Rejecting Torrens Documents for Recording
- Top 10 Reasons for Rejecting Abstract Documents for Recording
- Torrens Title
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), Central Notification System (CNS) & Tax Liens
- Well Disclosure
October 28, 2014
November 11, 2014
November 11, 2014
November 27, 2014
November 28, 2014