- New Immunization Law for Schools & Child Care Takes Effect September 1st(08/04/2014)
- Rice County Public Health Providing SHIP Mini-Grants for Neighborhoods(07/17/2014)
It is the intent of the collaborators who worked to compile data for the 2014 Rice County Community Health Assessment that the assessment would help inform individuals, organizations, and collaborations across the county that work to improve health.
Questions or comments regarding this final report will be received by Sara Coulter, MPH, RD. Sara can be reached at email@example.com.
To protect, promote and improve the health of individuals and families in our community
Rice County Public Health functions through the authority of the Rice County Community Health Board and has the responsibility to assure that the health of Rice County citizens is protected, maintained, and enhanced (Minnesota Statute 145A). The Local Public Health Act in 2003 legislated areas of responsibility for local health departments. The six areas of public health responsibility are as follows:
1. Assure an adequate local public health infrastructure;
2.Promote healthy communities and healthy behavior;
3.Prevent the spread of infectious disease;
4.Protect against environmental health hazards;
5.Prepare for and respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery; and
6.Assure the quality and accessibility of health services.
- Family Child Health Services
- Disease Prevention and Control
- Health Promotion & Wellness
- Home Health Care
- Long-Term Care
- Emergency Preparedness
Rice County Health Related Data