Information Technology’s mission is to provide professional, responsive support to effectively deliver technology services and innovative solutions to Rice County.
The IT Department is responsible for all facets of technology in Rice County including planning and forecasting, researching new and possible technology uses, operating and maintaining computer equipment, administering the County network, and providing GIS services.
The IT Department delivers technology consulting and implementation services to all County departments by:
- Providing Technology Planning
- Solutions Architecture
- Systems Design
- Project Management
- Help Desk Services for all the County’s computers, networks, systems and software applications
- Providing GIS Services - GIS Maps and Information
The IT Department also implements information systems technology that enable County departments to provide enhanced public services.
Specifically, some of the services provided by the Information Technology Department are as follows:
- Supports Rice County staff by answering technology support questions and devising solutions to their problems
- Supports, maintains, configures, and enhances existing systems and networks as well as deploys new hardware and software
- Provides guidance and consultation to end users with regard to Information Technology projects and purchases
- Researches and devises strategies for the further utilization of automation and new technologies to enhance the quality and productivity of Rice County operations
- Develops, documents, and implements the policies and procedures designed to foster the efficient and secure utilization of Rice County’s technology investment
- Coordinates, implements, develops and maintains Rice County’s Geographical Information System (GIS) including creating and managing GIS files and related procedures, and educating GIS Users
- Coordinates Enhanced-911 (E-911) addressing in Rice County with the Rice Steele 911 Center and municipalities, includes assigning addresses and road names, maintaining datasets and databases and researching and resolving problems