Auditor / Treasurer
- Property Tax Payments Due on May 15th: Automatic Payment Options Now Available(05/01/2013)
- Notice of Public Accuracy Test of the Electronic Voting Equipment in Rice County(03/07/2013)
- Absentee Voting Now Available for the March 12, 2013, Township Elections(02/07/2013)
Rice County Auditor Treasurer
The County Auditor/Treasurer calculates rates and prepares tax information, tax statements and "Truth in Taxation" notices. This department also:
- Bills for and collects all property taxes and county special assessments.
- Keeps records of all taxing district levies (towns, cities, schools, etc.), tax collections and unpaid taxes.
- Places delinquent property tax parcels into judgment, administers forfeiture proceedings and sales, and uses revenue recapture as a collection method, according to statute.
- Monitors tax increment finance compliance.
2012 Market Value Credit & Exclusion (Truth-In-Taxation Notice Insert)