The Office of the County Administrator is an appointed position by the Board of Commissioners. The County Administrator is the administrative head of the County and is responsible for the proper administration of affairs for the county including: general supervision of all county institutions, agencies, department heads and employees.
- 2016 Preliminary Budget Report (128 pages)
- Video Explanation of Minnesota's Homestead Property Tax System Changes
Additional Department Information
In Rice County, the Administrator also has the following duties:
- Personnel Director, including all labor relations activities and human resource functions
- Clerk of the County Board
- prepares the Board meeting agendas
- records the official Board minutes
- assures that all orders, resolutions and regulations of the County Board are executed
- Supervises and monitors the annual budgetary process: establishes schedule for preparation, review and adoption of the county budget
The Administration Department implements the directives, resolutions, ordinances, and policies of the County Board of Commissioners. It provides direction and support for all County departments and provides long-term planning for the County in all areas. The Administrator reports directly to the Board and acts as a liaison between the Board and the County's departments.
FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader
to view any PDF files on this website
Anyone requiring special services, such as a translation or clarification of board meeting content due to an error in the YouTube closed captioning, may contact Rice County for translation or clarification by correction of the closed-captioning error, by emailing Shelley Langevin at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing her at Rice County Government Services Building, 320 Third Street N.W., Faribault, MN 55021, with the request. She may also be reached by calling 507.332.6100. TDD users can call 507.332.6248. Any request must identify the video by date, and must identify the unclear portion of the closed-captioning, or the portion requiring interpreting, by the time-mark on the video. A response will be made within a reasonable period of time.