Attorneys and Divisions
The County Attorney's Office is located on the first floor of the Courthouse.
If you need to use an elevator, please park in the public lot located on the west side of the Courthouse.
The Rice County Attorney, is an elected official, responsible for a broad range of legal activities arising within Rice County. These responsibilities are primarily:
- Representation of the Board of Commissioners, County Administration and all county departments in legal matters.
- Prosecution of certain criminal offenses, including all felonies committed by adults in Rice County.
- Prosecution of all offenses committed by juveniles in Rice County.
- Provision of victims services throughout the criminal process.
- Initiation of legal proceedings to protect vulnerable children and adults.
- Initiation of legal proceedings to obtain or enforce child support obligations and establish paternity.
- Representation of Rice County in civil commitment hearings for residents with mental illness, chemical dependency, or developmental disabilities.
The County Attorney and his staff are not permitted to represent or provide legal advice to private citizens.
June 02, 2015
June 09, 2015
June 16, 2015
June 17, 2015
July 03, 2015