Licensed Childcare Providers / Centers
Rice County Social Workers provide orientation, training, licensing, and relicensing of family daycare and group family day care providers.
View Faribault Licensed Childcare Providers (PDF) (including the cities of Kenyon, Montgomery, Morristown, Waterville)
View Northfield Licensed Childcare Providers (PDF) (including the cities of Dundas, Lonsdale, Nerstrand, Veseli, Webster)
Persons may be eligible for childcare funding if their income is at or below 75% of the State's median income and they are in need of childcare services in order to secure employment, retain employment, or to obtain training or education necessary to secure employment.
Home Childcare Licensing in Rice County
Childcare services are especially needed for the care of children under 2 years old, part-time care, evening and weekend care. Nearly 80% of mothers with children under school age are working outside the home.
Childcare Rules & Regulations
View the Childcare Rule.
View the Licensing Act.
- Acknowledgement of Infant Younger Than Six Months Old (PDF)
- Alcohol and Drug Use Policy (PDF)
- Background Study Log for Child Care Homes (PDF)
- Caregiver Tracking Record (PDF)
- Child Care Immunization Record (PDF)
- Complaint-Grievance Procedure (PDF)
- Directions for Parent Packet Forms 2-2016 (PDF)
- Family Child Care Admission And Agreements (PDF)
- Family Child Care Liability Insurance Notice to Parents-Guardians (PDF)
- General Permission Form 9-2013 (PDF)
- Mandated Reporter Policy (PDF)
- Monthly Crib Safety Inspection Form (PDF)
- Monthly Fire and Storm Drill Log (PDF)
- Parental Consent for Swaddling an Infant (PDF)
- Permission to Administer Prescription Medication 9-2013 (PDF)
- Physician Directive for Alternative Infant Sleep Position (PDF)
- Provider Policies (PDF)
- Rule Summary for Parents (PDF)
- Wading Pool Permission (PDF)
- Walk-in Immunization Clinics Rice County Public Health (PDF)